Make Ua Ask For Account

Hi Everybody!

I've been reading trough a lot of threads recently trying to find a command that makes the UA ask me to input the name for the default account during the installation, but I can't seem to find anything.

My other question is how to make the UA ask for the computer name. I tried removing the

ComputerName=Insert Name

part and that works, but not all the way. If i do like this, UA complains about missing parts in the answer file and that it will not continue until this problem is fixed. Afterwards, the window is shown and you can input your computer name. Is there a way to skip this error message?

Thanks in advance!

Over and out, =)

Marthax

for second thing to work without and error, make a following change in winnt.sif:

[unattended]

UnattendMode=DefaultHide

----------------

for a first one, you could make a script using autoit and make it run instead of 'useraccounts.cmd' in 'cmdlines.txt'

Don't mess with Auto-It...

Check out this topic for a VBscript which will allow you to change computername - click here.

I suggest that you set this VBS to be executed at the end of everything else, so that after unattended install is over, user can change computername to whatever he/she wants.

As for "default account" - what you say is not quite clear to me....

- # You want to set a username of "Marthax" to be used every time you install, without having to tell it to use that username? Then check out the oobeinfo.ini method to auto-setup upto six user-accounts. oobeinfo.ini even gives the benefit of auto-login if only one user is defined. - more info

- # Or you want a variable username? So that on each install, you will be asked about what name the user created should be? Well, this will not be truly unattended, isn't it, since someone needs to be around, to attend to it. Anyways, if the second option is what you want, then check out WIHU. - more info

thanks for the fine explanation prathapml :) I'll have a look at those links. And yes, I know that it won't be an fully unattended installation but, still I want the possibility to enter the computers name and user name.

EDIT: by the way prathapml, that first VBScript is a program that changes the organisation and user name not the computer name :)

Thanks!

Regards,

Marthax