How Many 98se Install For Friends?

tim_horton

That's probably because you're spoiled rich and all you care about are super expensive Pentium 4 or Athlon 64 FX systems.

That's about the dumbest thing I ever heard. I'm far from spoiled rich and I find that XP will run on a 800Mhz machine with 256 megs of ram just fine. If someone can't meet those requirements then that's there problem, not mine. And I'm not going to waste my time with them. For me, it's just not worth it.

I will not install 98, period. I won’t even work on a 9X machine.

If someone is to cheap to buy XP or can't afford a PC that will run XP, I, like Microsoft, will no longer support them.

If they can't afford to upgrade then they **** sure can't afford to pay me to work on their machine. IMO, if you do it for free you’re just a gluten for punishment.

If you mess with 9X on your own box for your own enjoyment, that’s a different story.

I have used XPpro and I'll be honest, IT SUCKED REAL BAD !!

Thank god for this site. If they end support for 98se I can come here to get what I need. I don't need to "afford" XP or a new computer. I have a plll 667 and am getting a 933 in a week, I can't wait. XP is waaay too much. If you wanna play games try "affording" a playstation 2 or something. I just got into computers over the past year and started using a pentium 166, which did everything this one does, only slower (alot slower). I think after 98se is when "big brother" started tapping their foot at microsoft for making too good a program. They dont like it if they cant keep a eye on you or if they cant secretly see what your up to and Xp had UNACCEPTABLE amounts of open ports and other exploitables, thanks.

Like I said, "If you mess with 9X on your own box for your own enjoyment, that’s a different story".

I make a living working on computers and the people who can't afford to buy XP also can't aford to pay me to work on their computer.

To say "XP sucks" is only an opinion. My opinion is that XP is the best desktop OS Microsoft has made to date.

My dream MS OS is thus :

- Bring back the console please, not that kludge wannabe they have for XP. Bring me DOS 8. Call it NTDOS if you want or NTCL, but give me the same functionality as the original DOS plus more. Buy out JPSoft and assimilate 4NT, best option.

- XP, without all the fluff. Relegate Media Player, IE, blah blah blah to optional components you can toggle at install time.

- A defragger with the customizing features of Speed Disk 9x.

I want the cleanliness of 95 but with the core of NT/XP. Do that, and I will ditch linux and 9x like a 4 week old turd. Hell, as the company IT head, I'll force the entire group plus franchises to license it and potentially start a chain reaction... our company has alot of influence here in indonesia, ya see, and I maintain the home networks of a few members of parliament.