Few General Question

I am on my last stage of my uA cd. And after many research i still could not solve this problem so any help / idea would be much appreciated.

1. After trying to use XP Deploy tools, and reading uA guide. I still havn't figure out how to Auto install East Asian Languages and set Non-Unicode Code page. I remember i was able to this with my last uA Cd. I may have overlook info or remember incorrectly.

Again any suggestions or idea?

Thanks in advance.

1. After trying to use XP Deploy tools, and reading uA guide. I still havn't figure out how to Auto install East Asian Languages and set Non-Unicode Code page. I remember i was able to this with my last uA Cd. I may have overlook info or remember incorrectly.

Solution:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=36912&hl=

unforately i remove most of those with nlite.

The files for E Asian languages refer to CJK languages so if you add one or more of these in winnt.sif they will be automatically installed during Setup.

e.g.

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup = 1, 9

7 = Japanese;

8 = Korean;

9 = Trad. Chinese (TW, HK and Macau);

10 = Simplified Chinese (PRC, Singapore)

If you are using any CJK versions of XP, it is not necessary to install Files for E Asian lang as they are automatically installed.

As for the non-unicode setting, I'm not 100% sure, but it seems to be this:

[RegionalSettings]
SystemLocale = 00000809

Locale IDs:

0809 = UK

0409 = US

0404 = Taiwan

0c04 = HK

0804 = PRC

1009 = Canada

Thx Takeshi. I use Nlite to remove everything except chinese and japanese. So to install CJK languages should not be a problem.

I included

LanguageGroup = 1, 9,

But East Asian Language support still does not auto install.

and Setting

SystemLocale = 00000809

Does not set the non unicode page either. Anybody share shine some light on this one?

P.S - I know the topic is not right but i can't change it. Since the orginal topic has 5 question and i deleted 4 of them.

Sorry it didn't quite work. Did you start with the original XP CD source? I don't know if nLite removed the files needed for E Asian languages (you didn't mention Korean).

The last time I did it it seemed to work (using Win XP EN), but I included UserLocale and InputeLocale entries. It maybe because you need to install a particular CJK IME to get it to work.

Try:

[RegionalSettings]
LanguageGroup = 1, 9
SystemLocale = 00000809
UserLocale = 00000809
InputLocale = 0809:00000809, 0404:00000404

0404:00000404 means Chinese Traditional, US Keyboard (there is no UK keyboard combo with CJK IMEs).

You can substitute for another combo as long as it's one of the CJK languages.

I added a detailed list of CJK localeID combinations here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=36760

PS. I've checked on my uA installation and the item

[√] Install Files for E Asian languages

is ticked and greyed out so it must have been installed automatically and not afterwards (i.e. same with localised CJK WinXP versions).

Sorry but is this what you put in YOUR Winnt.sif??

[RegionalSettings]LanguageGroup = 1, 9

SystemLocale = 00000809

UserLocale = 00000809

InputLocale = 0809:00000809, 0404:00000404

And it work?

Because no matter what i try, nlited WinXP or not. I still could not get it to install CJK languages.

And yes!. I have done it before!. Except this time i am having a WinXp SP2 instead of SP1.

What am i doing wrong? I am getting increasingly frustrated, because this disk took me nearly a month to make already........