Small Dns Problem

valter

I have (I believe) a small DNS problem. Lets say my domain is net.test.org and if I try to resolve some addresses using nslookup I got this answer:

Server: server1.net.test.org

Address: 172.16.1.11

I'm trying to resolve for example www3.xxy.org or www.microsoft.com or any other address ...

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: www3.xxy.org.TEST.ORG

Address: 212.212.212.212

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: www.microsoft.com.TEST.ORG

Address: 212.212.212.212

IP address 212.212.212.212 in this case represents my web server. As you can see my DNS ads part of my internal domain name to the domain I'm trying to resolve. It removes the net part and ads TEST.ORG ....

any clue what might causes this??? :wacko:

It looks like your DNS suffix is being appended to the address.

Have a look at the properties of yoru DNS suffix in you Network properties.

Thank for the hint ... I've locate the problem. It was DNS Suffix Search List that had multiple enteries including net.test.org NET.TEST.ORG and TEST.ORG ... so I configured a GPO (Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Network/DNS Client/DNS Sufix Search List) to include just my AD domain name, and now everything works just fine :) ... thanks

It looks like your DNS suffix is being appended to the address.

Have a look at the properties of yoru DNS suffix in you Network properties.

Thank for the hint ... I've locate the problem. It was DNS Suffix Search List that had multiple enteries including net.test.org NET.TEST.ORG and TEST.ORG ... so I configured a GPO (Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Network/DNS Client/DNS Sufix Search List) to include just my AD domain name, and now everything works just fine :) ... thanks

NP m8 glad to have helped