• Edonkey2000
    • MusicCity Network - Morpheus/Kazza/Grokster
    • Gnutella Network - Bearshare/Limewire/Xolox etc
    • iMesh
    • WinMX
    • AudioGalaxy
    • Other

Guest LouCypher

Aren't BearShare and iMesh both gnutella clients? If we're gonna bunch Kazaa/Morpheus/Grokster together shouldn't it just be "gnutella" and "fasttrack".

For that matter, how about NomadNews or some other Usenet binary post downloader/uploader?

I get more useful stuff off of Kazaa and Usenet than I ever found on eDonkey or gnutella. I gave up the whole IRC thing since I'd prefer to sit in a nice text BitchX session with a good script on a shell account, and now I pretty much play on Windows and work in Linux, and Trillian just doesn't suffice for a full featured IRC client, even though it is tha sh*t for everything else.

Guest LouCypher

I knew for sure BearShare was, didn't know about the rest. I think some of them maybe to. The thing about gnutella clients is they all look different. Kazaa/Morpheus/Grokster is just the same program with different graphics and icons and names.

Guest LouCypher

According to h*tp://www.gnutelliums.com/ BearShare and xolox are both gnutella network clients. So are LimeWire, SwapNut, and Phex.

I haven't used old-stype Napster w/ Napigator since I discovered Kazaa, is anyone here still using it for MP3?

Napster....heck no...I usually use kazza or Morpheus but becuase its not reliable and stable on XP ill be spending more dam money and getting a new hard drive today. My little brother only likes that and AOL messanger. So have to get a bigger drive and reformat EVERYTHING. I worked all night and have to spend all day doing this crap...the things you do for family...grrrrr.

-Chris