Firefox Plugin Needed For Adobe Acrobat Pro 7

gelome

hi guys....well i was experimenting with addbe acrobat pro 7 and found that it seemlessly integreates with MSIE such that if i wanted to just make a selection on a web page and only convert that selection to pdf , it does it without any probs ...however i noticed that u canniot do the above if ure browsing a page in FF :( ...

anybody has a clue as to where i can find a ff plugin so that i can do the above...

any help in this matter is apprecuiated.

i think what u're looking for is not a "Firefox Plugin Needed For Adobe Acrobat Pro 7", what u're looking for is an "Adobe Acrobat Pro 7 plugin for Firefox" :P

the only plugin i know about for acrobat is named "nppdf32.dll" and must be stored on "Mozilla Firefox\plugins\". it installs together with acrobat so if you installed firefox later...

if you google "nppdf32.dll" you can download it at DllDump, free and no-reg.

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files....l/download.html

the same is true if you want Windows Media to work in Firefox, you need these 3 Dll's: npdsplay.dll, npdrmv2.dll, npwmsdrm.dll.

you can check if the plugins are installed correctly by typing "about:plugins" in the Firefox Address Bar.

wmpg1.jpg

taken from: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=206213

tried that dll file and it does not work....maybe you'll didnt understand what i was trying to tell....so here it is ....after installinfg adobe acrobat pro 7 (not the reader mind you) i was able to select any part of a website simoply by hilighting it and then right clicking the selection...i would get the option whether i wanted to convert the selection to pdf or not....in firfox when i highlight certain parts of a webpage and then righ click there are no aoptions whatsoever to convert the selection to pdf....hope the following screenshots proove my point.

hey can anyone tell me how to put the screenshots up in this post?

Edited by gelome

@gelome, i understood you but unfortunately i don't know what's your solution :(

i suppose there must be a dll you can add to plugins to have that functionality. the only thing i can recommend you is to re-install acrobat pro while firefox is running...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know whether or not you tried this, but I'll state it anyway. In FF you must save the web page. Once the page is saved you can convert the web page to a pdf file. Of course you'll have to open Adobe Acrobat Pro and do it from there.

I know this is not the solution wanted, but I just drag the URL of the current page to the Acrobat window and it work.

You can add several pages to your file by just dragin over some other url.

It's not the acrobat toolbar, but it work anyway.

Hope this help.

Regards