Disabling Ip Address Conflict Errors

angadsingh007

I get these "IP Address Conflict" errors very frequently in Windows XP.

I know the reason why the system gives these errors, and there is a another problem due to which I still cannot eliminate the problem from it's root cause.

So, can anybody please tell me how to disable the prompting of these errors via some registery tweaks in Windows XP.

Edited by prathapml

Please remove the large image attachement as soon as possible.

Image-hosting elsewhere would be better.....

* EDIT:

refuses, so action had to be taken

Edited by prathapml

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried getting a new ip address from your network administrator. If that is you then a machine on your network is configured to the same ip address as the machine getting the error. You can't disable that message I don't think. It is a critcal error for networking. Are you on the Internet? Can/Should you use DHCP instead?

had the same problem on the other broadband connection, turned out that the ISP's guys who had come to set up the connection, had set a fixed IP.

well ever since i changed to setting's to "obtain IP address automatically" the problem is resolved.

just my 2bit's

I get these "IP Address Conflict" errors very frequently in Windows XP.

I know the reason why the system gives these errors, and there is a another problem due to which I still cannot eliminate the problem from it's root cause.

So, can anybody please tell me how to disable the prompting of these errors via some registery tweaks in Windows XP.

I suspect your best bet would be to eliminate the problem which prevents you from addressing the root cause of this problem, rather than attempting to find a way to disable a critical failure system message.

Just my opinion.