Virtual Backup

Mr.J!M

I used to backup all of my user's file (80Go) every day on SDLT tape and i would like to try the "virtual backup".

Instead of tape it possible to backup on file like virtual tape on a lan and restore them from a sort of big ZIP file instead of expensive tape (about 150euros each)

Do you know any solution ?

I used to backup all of my user's file (80Go) every day on SDLT tape and i would like to try the "virtual backup".

Instead of tape it possible to backup on file like virtual tape on a lan and restore them from a sort of big ZIP file instead of expensive tape (about 150euros each)

Do you know any solution ?

I can get you some cheaper tapes if you want ... new of course :D

Acronis True Image is a pretty killer app that will do exactly what you would like it to. You can even create a bootable CD that will allow you to launch the backup program should your drive crash. Of course you won't want to keep your backup on the same drive that you are backing up. If you are using multiple drives or even an external drive it will be perfect for you. You can setup schedules for backup too.

Ok thanks for your answer. For the moment it's just 80GO to backup but i have 500Go of space disk on raid5 and i have to get a great type of tape to backup all the data for the next years.

So a tape can backup 600Go of data and of course it's expensive ^^