How To Make A Vollic Cd In To Oem.

MarcL

Hey,

I have spend a good amount of time modifying a legal version of XP-Pro which is the MS Volume License (no activation). However, I have a bunch of machines here that are NOT covered by the volume license, but instead were purchased from Dell with the OEM XP-Pro installed.

Some of those machines need to be reinstalled, and I would love to make use of the unattended/slipstreamed/modified XP install I have, but want to keep the OEM license on these machines.

I have heard of people converting OEM cd's in to VolLicence CD's (for the purposes of illegal things), but I want to go the other direction in order to stay legal.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to make my VolLicence copy of XP-Pro in to an OEM version?

Thanks

So, your saying the only way to "legaly" do it is to start all over again with an OEM disk?!

If you are making a statement such that you know how to do it but dont want to tell me, then I assume you are cofident that it is illegal?

hmm.. altering the original is illegal and the discussion regarding this matter againsts the forum rule too. that's why we can't talk about it.

didn't the machines come with OEM CD?

if it did, why not make another unattended xp cd for OEM? that way you can stay legal.

if you can get ahold of an original XP PRO cd, you can use that to make a backup/unattended install.

I use a floppy setup so I can change the serial, user info, and misc other things to make it match the serial and other info for each computer.

Although it's not completely legal, as long as you have valid licenses for all of your PCs you should be OK. The company I used to work for used VLK but had many OEM versions. As long as we had OEM Licenses for Windows XP Professional they didn't frown on us using our VLK for these PCs.

FWIW, I documented my changes well enough that I was able to start over with a Dell OEM XP-Pro CD and recreate the unattended install in about an hour.

Was not as bad as I thought it was going to be..