Administrator Have Password...

el_diablo4303

have problem with login in safe mode. when i run my windows in safe mode...its comes to login. the problem is...there is 2 account. administrator n mine. i never set a password in administrator account. what should i do about this thing.

one more thing...in normal mode...my account was set to computer administrator. what that mean? can anybody tell me about this.

thanks in advance...

Hi el_diablo4303,

When you install XP normally it silently creates a user account called "administrator" if you are using the default welcome screen the administrator account will not show up unless you hit ctrl-alt-del twice.

Open control panel and select "administrative tools>computer management>local users and groups" to see all user accounts on your machine.

Hope this is some help :D

To change the password on the Administrator account, login with your account and drop down to the Command Prompt. (Start --> Run --> cmd --> OK).

Type this:

net user Administrator password

It should say something along the lines of "Password changed successfully". Voila.

Now just go back to the login prompt (press CTRL + ALT + DEL twice if you are at the Welcome Screen). Type in Administrator as the username and use password as the password.

Tell us how it goes,

Jamey

@jamey

-->its doesn't work. it show that " 'net' is not recognized as an internal or external command,opperable program or batch file "

@Bluerabbit

--> i've done what have u tell me. i can see some accounts. including my account..administrator..guest...n mores..

so...can i just disable disable administrator account?

I prolly wouldn't recomend dissabeling the administrator account.

If you are a member of the admin group then just reset the admin password with the computer management GUI.

Log in as yourself,, Rclick on MyComputer --> select manage from the flyout menu.

In the left pain of the Computer Management MMC expand out the Local users and groups, then click on the users icon and the administrator account will show in the right window pain. (along with the rest of the built in accounts) Just right click on the administrator account and set password. :thumbup

I have to agree with csbarracuda, not a good idea to disable the main Administrator account. The password for the administrator account is intially set during the installation of the operating system when it prompts the installer to choose an administrator password, but as csbarracuda says you can just right click on the account and a drop down menu will appear allowing you to choose to set a new password. :)