Uninstalling Norton Antivirus 2005

exclesior

hey guys, i'm new here and just came by to say very nice site and I'm having a problem with uninstalling norton antivirus 2005 the trial version as I got the full version but when i try to install it tells me there is a version of it running although i did not run it, any help would be much appreciated

Welcome to Symantec. I hate it. :realmad:

Uninstall problems are common for Norton especially if you have system works. Symantec support is pretty close to an oxymoron. Here is the document that you are probably looking for

Norton antivirus 2005 removal

Norton is good antivirus if you never change. Even trying to upgrade to newer versions of Norton is painful as you can atest. My advice is once you have removed Norton use AVG. AVG is free and it works just as good as Norton. As an added bonus if you decide to change you can actually remove it from your system using Add/Remove programs without a headache. :yes:

i don't like norton antivirus because of its speed

if you want speed, save money, and quality, go with nod32. The price is WAY cheaper than norton

nod32 is the best.

i have used it for 4 years. number 1 antivirus in town

number 1 antivirus in town

Some town you live in. ;) j/k

Seriously... NOD32 is okay I guess. Haven't used it so I can't judge about it. As an IT Professional I advice my customers to stick with Norton or McAfee. Purely support issue. I do point out the performance issues one may experience with Norton. However, with the new fast PC's, large RAM and HDD, even Norton shouldn't be an issue.

number 1 antivirus in town

Some town you live in. ;) j/k

Seriously... NOD32 is okay I guess. Haven't used it so I can't judge about it. As an IT Professional I advice my customers to stick with Norton or McAfee. Purely support issue. I do point out the performance issues one may experience with Norton. However, with the new fast PC's, large RAM and HDD, even Norton shouldn't be an issue.

nod32 support option is FAST. Email them and they reply you back within 1 day.

if a nod32 USA guy doesn't answer you, a nod32 international guy will reply you. That fast.

nod32 scans 30 gbs of data 1 hour. norton scans 30 gb of data >6 hrs

and you forget to mention how much computer resource norton consumes? heavily?

if you don't believe me, download their 30 day trial and see it for yourself.

oh yes, nod32 support guy will answer your question even though if you don't use REGISTERed version.

talking about being small but the BEST.

their detecting rating is second to NONE. go to www.virusbtn.com for a complete comparison.

oh no, i don't work for nod32 BUT i'm its user

I'm not gonna discuss with you what is better... NOD or Norton.

I'm a McAfee fan, remember. ;)

Besides. Thank god I never need to email support. McAfee always works flawlessly.

Lets not get into what is better or what not. There's a special thread for that. Ventilate your preferences and leave it be!

PS. You may not work for them, but they pay you money to say that, right? :P j/k

I'm not gonna discuss with you what is better... NOD or Norton.

I'm a McAfee fan, remember. ;)

Besides. Thank god I never need to email support. McAfee always works flawlessly.

Lets not get into what is better or what not. There's a special thread for that. Ventilate your preferences and leave it be!

PS. You may not work for them, but they pay you money to say that, right?  :P j/k

they don't pay me to say it. btw, current Mcfee SUCKS big time. If you don't believe me, go to www.virusbtn.com and see it for yourself.

i used to be a mcfee user. I liked their old "dr solomon" antivirus software which was the FASTEST and best. I don't know what mcfee did to this software

as you can see, i have used more AV software than you ever have in your life.I recommend a software because it's good and cheap.

We get Sav 9.0.2 for free. The others might be good to but, I am not allowed to change tot hem. We used to y=use the other major comany one. But they lost the VT contract.