Ua Wpi Problem - Strange Errors

WotC

Hi!

Finally i got my UA DVD running - at least when i tried it running a virtual machine. Whenever i switch to my real pc, i get REALLY strange errors. I tried the SAME DVD on another PC and there it worked without any problems. The problem should NOT be the drivers - all hardware i defined in the OEM driver section is detected and working...

Errors are something like:

an empty box with the title "MSXML 4.0 Parser and SDK" and an OK button;

corrupt file messages "File or directory c:\$MFT is corrupt and unreadable. Please run checkdisk utility"

an MS-Antispy-Installation error...

ALL these errors happen whenever i install a group of applications i called "Office" that contains:

Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Acrobat Pro

Adobe Illustrator

Corel Graphics Suite 12

MS Office 2003

Whenever i do NOT install these packages, the install works fine. I can install the software later on using the same DVD (after a reboot). However, i wouldn't call that unattended. The strange thing is it worked using VM and another PC (haven't a third pc here to test beside a laptop requiring different drivers :-(). I increased the script timeout like described elsewhere in this forum (oddly enough the VM worked without that adjustment, the real pc not).

I tried to remove:

Corel - error

Photoshop, Illustrator - error

Office - error

acrobat pro - error

acrobat pro, Photoshop, Illustrator - error

Oh, i forgot to mention - in addition to these errors the system is in a bad shape: in the add/remove window there are most of the apps missing (although they were/are installed - i can see the folders in my %programfiles%). registry settings (e.g. firewall) are not set,...

Is there a possibility to add a forced reboot after the "office part"? e.g. as command 2 in the wpi config.js? something like (i dont have the EXACT syntax of the ping at hand right now):

cmd2=shutdown -r -f -t 5

cmd3=[ping 127.0.0.1 10 > nul]

i would use the ping to circumvent the start of the next install script...

Hopefully someone has a really good idea - otherwise my DVD sucks...