Installation Size

I read a lot about people trying to make their install smaller, I'm wondering what sizes do people generally get.

Not counting the pagefile or files and folders copied due to $oem$\$1, I end up with an installation size of 2.03 GB for Xp Sp2.

This includes:

All patches and updates listed in the Sticky (HOTFIXES: Win2000 SP4 – WinXP SP1 – WinXP SP2)

Also included:

Mbsa, Msft Calc plus, powertoy calc/image size/tweakui/timer shot, firefox, mp10, divx codec, huffyuv codec, dvd shrink, jdk 1.5.01 + jre, quicktime, real player 10, spyblaster, spybot, winamp, acrobat reader 7.0, flash and shockwave, mgi viewer plug-in, mru blaster, spygaurd, zone alarms, and all the plug-ins and downloads from the Msft Media site (mono 2 multi, wm9 cap, wm encoder, bonus pack, etc)

I just wondering how much space is saved.

[EDIT]

To get my space I

Double-clicked c:

Ctrl+A

Ctrl+Click pagefile.sys, and my install folder(s) to remove these

Alt+Enter

i am down to 597mb but it changes every now and then, i like to keep it just under 600mb

WinXPSP2 includes:

Adobe Acrobat, Command Bar, CPad, CrapCleaner, DeepBurner, ExplorerXP, Infranview, Infranview Plugins, .NetFrameWork w/ Sp1, Opera, Paint.Net, RJHExtenstion, SunJava, RealVNC, WinAmp, WinMessenger, WinRar, TugZip, FreshDownload, FreshUI, FreshView, Tetris, Quicktime, PowerToys (AltTab, Calc, Resize, VDM, TweakUI), HMTCD Hotfix, WMP10, WebFoldersUpdate, VB6, MSJava, MDAC, ConText, spybot, spyware blaster, CDex....

my created SFX archives:

Wallpapers (29mb compressed)

WMP Skins (21mb compressed)

UserAcctPicts (259kb compressed)

WinAmp Skins (2.28mb compressed)

Visual Themes (2.52mb compressed)

modified files:

notepad

command prompt

shell32

various folder creations

but that is just a start.....

yeah i got about 35-40 apps my self and im around 1.5 to 2 gigs hehehe but im on dvd so space wont matter much for me but when i used to use cdr's i had mine about maxed with 30 or so apps pushing every bit of 698 :) and that was trimmed down with lang files and other stuff that can come out

well with just my base instal and regular stuff i would use every day id say about 500 mbs

• 7 months later...