Answer File Confusion

I've tried searching for an answer to my question with no success, so if anyone can point me to the answer or just straighten things out for me I would appreciate it.

The confusion I have is, when creating the Answer file the MSFN Guide says to use the "Deployment Tools" from the XP SP2 that was downloaded. When it gets to the "Distribution Share" it says to choose "Set from a CD" which (to me) means I have to stick in my "original" WinXP install CD in order to create the unattend.txt file.

What's confusing me is that I read on another site (Unattend CD) that the Deployment Tools from SP2 only work with a version of Windows that SP2 has already been applied to.

In other words, instead of choosing to "Set up from a CD" and using my "original" WinXP install CD to create the "unattend.txt", I should be pointing this part of Setup Manager to the folder that has the "slipstreamed SP2 version of Windows" in it to create the "unattend.txt".

Can anyone straighten out my confusion with this? :unsure: Maybe it doesn't matter which version of Windows I use to create the unattend.txt and I'm misreading this stuff. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. I know that after creating the "unattend.txt that I have to change it to "winnt.sif".

Thanks in advance!