2 Problems With The Wpi Script.

WPI is called from [GuiRunOnce]

After the install gets to a certain point, I always get an error window that pops up. The title of which is "Windows Post-Install Wizard"

"A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowely. If it continues to run, your computer may become unresponsive.

Do you want to abort the script?"

I always choose no, but either way I cannot perform an install without this error popping up. Then, the next program in line that happens to be an .msi will cause the following error window, titled "Windows Installer"

"Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install."

Does anyone else get these errors? Can something be done to avoid them?

What version are u running?

I suggest u download the lastest release.

and yes use the search

I'm sorry guys, I tried searching for answers in the forums, but the search kept on saying i wasn't entering proper seach strings, or it would show no results =(.

I downloaded WPI from the homepage a few days ago, so it's likely the newest version.

I'll give the wpi.cmd a try.

Ok, now the only problem I'm having is that the machine reboots itself halfway through the programlist once the WPI initiated install begins. The flags I'm using are the same as when I just used RunOnceEx by itself.

Also, the Cleanup task (which I've put as part of a FORCED program in WPI) is not executed. I have it ordered as #999, so its last. If I only choose a few programs, the cleanup task runs ok. But when I choose to install everything, the cleanup i skipped.

Ideas? Should I put the cleanup.cmd in WPI.cmd after the call to WPI.hta ?

One of your programs are probably calling for a reboot.

The cleanup command should work great in the wpi.cmd file.

It is J2SE 5.0 Update 1. It reboots right after this finishes. I used to use the .exe with the /s /v"/qn IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=Suppress".

But that stopped preventing reboots once it was used within WPI. (always worked fine via native RunOnceEx). So I looked around, and found some people were using the .msi file that it creates when you first launch setup, and passing that the /passive /norestart options. Well that isn't working either.

So as of right now, I am unable to get either the J2SE 5.0 or the 5.0 Update 1 to install without rebooting when WPI puts it into the RunOnceEx process queue.

There has been a couple of threads about Java......there is no way to install from CD without a restart occurring as of now. A workaround is to install Java from Guirunonce AFTER the wpi.cmd is run, then the reboot is unimportant since you should reboot after wpi anyway.

There has been a couple of threads about Java......there is no way to install from CD without a restart occurring as of now. A workaround is to install Java from Guirunonce AFTER the wpi.cmd is run, then the reboot is unimportant since you should reboot after wpi anyway.

I can take the J2SE 5.0 and put it in the middle of a RunOnceEx.cmd listing and it wont reboot, it only reboots when its put into the RunOnceEx key by WPI. In fact if I install everything but Java, and run the installer with the switches configured within WPI AFTER the machine is in a usable state... it'll install silently without rebooting.