Harddrive emergency!

Please someone help me. Windows XP I rebooted and the system would not boot tried safe mode no go. So I did a repair installation and now the system boots just fine and windows works as normal.

NOW the big problem: My second drive has dissapeared windows does not show it.

Boot recognizes it, acronise recognizes it as a dynamic volume, same with norton partition magic. Hardware manager shows the dynamic volume and says it is offline??????WTF?????

THE Biggest thing is this **** thing is my secondary drive and has all of my files and work on it. 7 gigs of work and weeks and hours of work gone does any one have an idea how to fix???

Before you try anything

Make a sector by sector image of that partition or HD (i prefer acronis true image 8).

Just about any type of recovery operation attempt will further destroy any chance of recovery if that attempt fails. It is vital that you make an image before trying anything, even chkdsk.

Afterwards try some HD recovery progs such at Acronis Recovery Expert, Winternals Disk Commander, Ontrack EasyRecoveryPro, Restorer 2000 Pro v2.0 chkdsk, even installing a newer OS version sometimes will allow a partition to be revitalized. If one doesn't work, reastore the image and try another.

Failed delayed writes, bad sectors, corrupted file tables, OS selectors, partitioning slip ups are just a few of the wonderful things that could cause this.