Hotfix update package...quick and easy!

This is really usefull for me,and worked.thanks.I've made my own language update.

My question,how its possible for xp sp1a.tried that but when starting the setup,it says digital signatures can't identified,this is a important problem.

I wanna solve this but i didn't.any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i have to resurrect this topic once again.

I have totally moved to this method of updating the installation files.

The reason for this resurrection is Shadowpp's post

and a simple read will inform you that there is not a single 'required' registry entry that has anything to do with making the updated hotfixed file function properly.

All registries entries have to do with 'informing' other programs that the updates are installed. Windows Update IGNORES these entries except for the malicious software removal tool, and actually looks at the files in use!

I make this statement based on the FACT that windows update sees ALL my files as current and not requiring updates.

Shark007

Only one major flaw I've found with this method.... As the *.cat files aren't installed, the file are NOT PROTECTED by WFP....

Meaning I can freely replace ANY file that this pack updates and Windows will happily accept the new file.... This leaves you open to hackers, viruses and spyware....

I'll stick with the method RyanVM uses... Tried and true.