net framework hotfix silient install.

I have recently downloaded the updates from windowsupdate.com, the only problem i had was that microsoft dosn't let you download .NET framework hotfix directly from there website, only from windowsupdate.com. here is how to retrieve the file and then perform a silent install.

1: Select and download only the .NEt framework update patch from windowsupdate.com

2: Go to C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download and select the file "535f57e5a8eceab18533c50c0b0e1469ed45331f". this file is 1,541kb in size.

3: Copy to your desktop and add the extention .exe to file.

4: Create a shortcut file with the switch "/xp" it will ask were to save the file, save it to the desktop.

5: the file it extacts is a .msp file and the silent install switch for this file is "/q /norestart".

I havn't tested this on a uninstall cd so i dont know if it works, please give feedback if it does work.

P.S I have just noticed i havn't spelled silent correctly in the topic header, please hit me with eggs now.

kenny

Edited by kwpro

2: Go to C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download and select the file "535f57e5a8eceab18533c50c0b0e1469ed45331f". this file is 1,541kb in size.
no such file :}

and when i downloaded it from microsoft, same switch?

cause when i do only /Q the instalation stops at that hotfix

it shows these switches :

post-70-1107987719_thumb.jpg

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfix\KB886903.exe /Q

this stops my instalation, it just sits there....zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

next try":

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfix\M886903.msp /q /norestart