Anyone added epson printer drivers?

paddy100

Hi all,

need help with installing my epson c44 during the install process. At the min i havent a clue where to start co it uses an installer i have never seen before - I have emailed epson about 3 weeks ago but surprise, surpise no feedback yet!!

Anyone managed it yet?

Paddy

Well I'm also keen to check this out, I have a Stylus C64 and it'd be nice to see that install with Windows, unfortunately right now I'm at college haha, so as soon as I get home today, I'll look at the driver CD, I'll post screenies of the CD contents and see if the driver installer is of any paticular type. Would that be of any help? :)

Also, you can download drivers from the EPSON website, although I have noticed (or maybe I've done something wrong), that when using these drivers, they don't install the Printer Monitor, and so I'm stuck with a working printer, but with no idea whatsoever as to ink levels, any printer errors etc.

I recently installed an Epson all in one for a client. They wanted to share the printer portion of the device for four other people to use. Whoever designed the drivers on this thing should be taken out to be summarily executed.

First off, the drivers seem to demand the installation of some sort of printer monitor. That's bad enough. But then I seriously started to wonder if this thing was broken. There are times when it takes, no kidding here, five minutes for a print job to start printing. And the CPU is at around 5 - 7%. Just not a good experience with this thing at all.

Unfortunately I have been extremely unhappy with the quality of inkjets coming from HP lately as well. So I guess I'll have to experiment with Canon.

There are times when it takes, no kidding here, five minutes for a print job to start printing. And the CPU is at around 5 - 7%. Just not a good experience with this thing at all.

Well while I've never had to put up with waiting for that long (After all, the C64 i own is just for home use really), I must say the printer monitor for mine does report some pretty stupid, completely incorrect errors at times which is annoying.

Anyway, about those drivers... sorry for the bad arrangement of this, but this shot basically shows the majority of the contents for my C64 Driver CD (I think I've picked the appropiate folders here)....

post-88-1107797162_thumb.jpg