[cmd] ico add to exe

jacksont123

No, its not possible.

A switch is nothing but a branching of the code execution. You need the source code and re-compile it. Or else, if you did try to fiddle with the binaries and managed to add a new function, the resulting EXE won't execute due to being corrupted.

maybe it sounds stupid but what about compressing the archive with winrar so you make a rar-sfx and use the comment to launch the program silently?

like nero

;El comentario siguiente contiene secuencias de órdenes para SFX

Setup=setup.exe /SN=? /WRITE_SN /SILENT /NO_UI /NOREBOOT /NOLICENSE /NOCANCEL
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Title=Nero 6.6.0.6 Ahead Software AG

or use on "setup=" command a .cmd that includes a silent switch...

hmm, i would've suggested winrar too, if he'd been more clear on what he was asking, some programs use switches, like /S could have been a commandline to execute when launching the program, not a switch for installation, 2 bad he never specified what he wanted, could've solved it 4 hrs ago :P

Hey Aero Ximian,

The winrar SFX is not a bad idea in itself, but you probably know of its short-coming. During a uA install from batch-files, you will find that rarSFX'es with embedded setup switches mess up the install. It will extract the SFX, then start the setup in a new process - so this way the "start /wait" is satisfied and it proceeds to next line, whereas the setup is not yet completed.

that's true pra, but this guy never said anything about running the rar'ed file from a batch. checking "temp mode" should help too. i think we miss some information.

i personally only use this method with just a couple of programs :)