XPlode suggestion

Rico.JohnnY

sorry for my poor English.Maybe this suggestion has been mentioned before.

What I want to say is why not add some function to let XPlode choose target pc(depending on computer name) current instruction will be executed for.

Maybe it can be like as follows

<Target name='computer1'>

<item display='something'>

<execute

/>

</item>

</Target>

or
<Target name='computer2'>

<execute

/>

</item>

</Target>

or

<Target name='All'>

<execute

/>

</item>

</Target>

By using <target></target> tag , instructions will only be executed depending on the "name" parameter. Of course, if the value specified (except for "All" value) doesn't match the current PC name, instructions will not be executed by default.

Therefore,with just one xml file, we can perform the whole installs for multiple PCs intead of creating multiple xml files for each one.There are too many jobs,you know.

I think it is not so difficulty to achieve,just a few condition judgement. And obtaining current PC name is also an easy job in programming.

So,Wraith,do you think whether my suggestion is feasible or not?

I think it is not so difficulty to achieve,just a few condition judgement. And obtaining current PC name is also an easy job in programming.

So,Wraith,do you think whether my suggestion is feasible or not?

It's not terribly feasible in the way you've described it - it completely changes the structure of the XML, and after going through 5 iterations of the XML parser, I don't particularly feel like rewriting it again.

That said, I've been making another way to get stuff like that to happen, part of it was supposed to be in build 5.130, but there were enough bugs in it that I dewcided to leave it out for the moment.

Stay tuned for the next week or so in the forum, I'll be announcing new stuff as I go along.