counterstrike with 3 computer

Hey.

me and 2 other friends want to play counter strike. we don't have a router..but we have 4 nic's...could i connect to one friend, and then use the other card to connect to the third friend. We just want to play Counter-strike on a LAN...and we don't want to go out and spend 20 bucks on a router..

If you are confused tel me and i will try and explain in a better way

assuming one of 3 computer hae 2 NICs, yes, you can make the computer with 2 NICs as a router. quoted from http://www.howtonetworking.com/Networking/routing.htm.

How to Configure Windows server to Be a Router

RRAS is installed under w2k server by default, but not activated. To setup Windows 2000 as a router for a LAN, you need to two network adapters.

To setup Windows 2000/2003 as a router for a LAN, you need to two network adapters. To enable LAN routing. go to Administrative Tools>Routing and Remote Access>Action>Configure and Enable Routing and Remote Access, and then complete the wizard. Right-click the server for which you want to enable routing, and then click Properties>General>Router, check Local area network (LAN) routing only, and then click OK.

well, if each PC only has 1 nic, you would need to add a 2nd nic to one of the computers, obviously. I'm not sure how to accomplish that in XP, though i'm sure there's some website online that tells you.

Other option is a hub instead. 4 port hub may cost you $10 if that