Start Nero setup if burner exists

Somebody was asking for this utility I have wrote myself.Run test.exe if CDRW is found it will run nero.exe I have tested with one CDRW/DVD combo drive and one dvd burner and it worked well.I have left enough space in test.exe file, so you can change what to execute.Hope it works for you.

Program Updated

I updated this program and now it works very well.

Usage

Usage

test.exe [options] filename

Options:

/CDRW check CD writer

/DVD check DVD reader

/DVDRW check DVD writer

for example

test.exe /CDRW /DVD myapp.exe will run myapp.exe only both CD writing and DVD reading capability exist otherwise it will simply exit.When it starts program it waits until new spawned process ends.Order of options is not important unrecognized parameters will be ignored but filename must be the last parameter.

http://rapidshare.de/files-en/472000/test.exe.html

Cant add attachment here.

great !

Can you post your source ?

Because using an hex editor for change nero.exe to batch file isn't really clean ;-)

Also, is possible to make a version for check if dvd rom is present ?

And finally Nero & PowerDVD (in my case ...) are installed only when the good optical drive is present :-)

thanks again

it is asm source code so it is same when you dissamble it.If you are familiar with MASM32 I can post it offcourse.Btw I got report that it wrongly detects just DVDroms as burners.So I am sorry if it doesnt works for you also I have googled and found http://www.devx.com/vb2themax/Tip/19403 link which exactly does what we want but I am only good at MASM32