Help Needed Please

Have been working through the Unattended Windows XP guide and have run into a couple of minor problems.

I have a bootable copy of XP with SP2 slipstreamed already.

When running the new iso image through Virtual PC XP installs unattended until the screen resolution part when it says that windows will adjust your settings and requires you to click on ok. once adjusted it then requires you to accept the changes by clicking ok. Xp then goess to the Welcome to Windows screen and request you click all the relevent buttons to comple installation.

I think I have all the right settings in the winnt.sif file located in the C:\XPCD\I386 folder & the right winnt.bat , Regtweaks.reg, autologin.reg, cmdlines.txt, useraccounts.cmd files located in the C:\XPCD\$OEM$ folder.

please see attached zip file with relevent files in them.

Any help would be much apprecited.

Simo

If windows has an appropriate driver for your video card, it will automatically do the changing of resolution. If not, it will stop and ask like it does for you.

The solution is to integrate your graphics drivers into your uA setup, using OEMpnpDriversPath method in winnt.sif

I don't know if it's this problem but if I think good you can add this line to your winnt.sif

(with resolution 1024*768,32bits)

[Display]    BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1024

Yresolution=768

And you don't have to click on OK

Before using a value that specifies 32-bit color, confirm that your video-card can handle it. Older generation (and integrated) chips can do only 16- or 24-bit color.

Also, those lines are still of no use if relevant drivers are not there for windows setup to install.