A few questions about unattended install...

I'm working on my first unattended install disc, and I have a few questions.

1)Are the winnt.sif commands found here:http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/reference.htm for all versions of windows?

2)How do I add files to the "My Music" folder?

($OEM$\$Docs\All Users\Documents\My Music)?

3)Will I still be able to use the recovery console, and do a repair install using the unattended cd?

3)Will I still be able to use the recovery console, and do a repair install using the unattended cd?
Yes, however you will have to press F10 i believe to get to it. The normal prompt will no longer be visible. Repair install may be disabled however.
2)How do I add files to the "My Music" folder?

($OEM$\$Docs\All Users\Documents\My Music)?

I suggest using a batch file after you ahve created your user. The Above Directories should work, however if you replace "All Users" with a username it will cease to work.

1)Are the winnt.sif commands found here:http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/reference.htm for all versions of windows?

For the most part. There are some that Windows 2000 doesn't like, and some Windows XP SP1 doesn't like. I'll try and pinpoint this in the new guide, but the ones that don't work are more concerned with "Components" and "Firewall" and that type of thing. The main sections for Unattended purposes work across platforms. (with the exception of ProductID instead of ProductKey for Windows 2000 :P )

There are probably several ways to do this but when I wanted to pass stuff into the user profile I found it unreliable to use the $OEM$ folders as often, the folder that you want to copy the files to doesn't exist yet.

Instead I do the following for my Favourites folder, artwork templates and some program settings:

RAR the files into a SFX

Add SFX commands similar to:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Path=%USERPROFILE%\Favorites\Links\
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Title=Installing Internet Favourites

Call the *.exe as one of the very last things you do before your "tidy up" script.

There are probably several ways to do this but when I wanted to pass stuff into the user profile I found it unreliable to use the $OEM$ folders as often, the folder that you want to copy the files to doesn't exist yet.

Instead I do the following for my Favourites folder, artwork templates and some program settings:

RAR the files into a SFX

Add SFX commands similar to:

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Path=%USERPROFILE%\Favorites\Links\
Silent=1
Overwrite=1
Title=Installing Internet Favourites

Call the *.exe as one of the very last things you do before your "tidy up" script.

Nice work Spartacus youve given me a thought. :yes: