battery life

sven

when u don't turn it on :P

well hmm there isn't any "do this" sort of thing, but lcd's take up battery so use screen saver kind of thing on your mp3 player. and use the battery options on laptop.

when u're on battery u can create profiles for your hardware and disable specific ones + u can set your services with that profile and disable the one's u'd not need when u're on battery..

as for mp3 player letting the player play songs 1 after the other is good, heh that sentence doesn't make sense. i mean if u press "next" all the time and skip too many music it'll eat up more battery, so i advice u to create a nice playlist and let the player run through it. and let the screen go blank at certain timeout.

decrease the brightness of the laptops screen. slow the cpu, if u're not playing games decrease the battery usage of the graphics card, nvidia has this option, i dunno if ati has it..

alternatively u can use battery program from Dachshund soft. it's supposed to double the time of your battery, but i never managed to benchmark it, bc i use it differently everytime :). that program slows down the hdd spin, cdrom spin, etc etc.. it sounds cool i dunno if it works:) check their website...

what? u don't make sense. the hdd doesn't spin by itself, u need electricity for it to run, and u need less electricity @ less spin..

think of it as a light bulb, if u give more electricity it'll be bright, it less electricity it'll be dim...

i was talking about the hdd in the laptop not the mp3 player.

as for your last question i'm not sure :D sorry

but here's what i think, your ipod should go for 10+hours, and your laptop say goes for 3hrs. why plug the ipod to the laptop when laptops on batteries? anyways it seems i don't have the answer u're lookin for...