Locking my UA DVD

Hey guys i have been thinking about people stealing registry activation keys and all and releasing other makes so is there anyway i can make the disk hide all files except for the application and docs folder and the root files

That hiding of folders is atleast a start - you can safely say 50 percent of people don't even know what hidden files is and where to enable showing of it.

jamesas, you know why the hidden property doesn't work when you make the ISO ?

Its because you might run a series of commands from a .BAT - one of which strips file attributes. Just don't run that particular line and its fixed.

Next, a more strong way of hiding folders/files is to do it with ultraiso. But even that is not unbreakable protection since once you make an ISO and view it, its clearly visible. But its one step above basic hiding.

And lastly, I've been noticing that since the last few months all the "big guys" here have started becoming worried about their uA disk and have been looking for ways to protect it. Try a search and you'll see atleast 3 topics dealing with EXACTLY what you are trying to do. No perfect solution yet, though.

Hi,

Well, if you want to secure a CD/DVD contents, i think that is almost out of the question. If you want to secure your winnt.sif file because of the activation key etc.. you cant directly.

What then?

Well you would have create an unattended install as usual, but run sysprep at the end. Create a GHOST image (or any equal product) of the HD. Copy this ghost image into a bootable ISO file. put the some old dos startup routines in their to boot the the image and instruct ghost to dump it to the HD (this can be with password prompts etc). Idealy you would have some batch/scripts to cleanup your hard work. The ghost image itself can be encrypted to a certain degree, making regular browsing dificult and hacking a waste of time..

Yes, you can make hidden folders on CD's etc. But that is easily browsed with ISO Magic etc.

rigth click a file got to properties and tick hidden,thats bount to fool a lo of people

that is so lame. My registry setting is pre set to show all hidden files.

if your a pirate... that is not going to stop you.

and what exaclty will stop a pirate ??

atleast i gave some help, im sick or reading your pointless and aggresive posts lately,,,wasnt so long since your where a noob now give me a god **** break. this a great forum no lets not spoil that