Need Nvidia driver help

Corvettaholic

I downloaded the nvidia drivers from their website, and copied everything to where its supposed to go. I'm following the format of BTS's driverpack and I used it for a bunch of other drivers and they work great. Nvidia I have problems with. Whenever I load that driver and install it on a system with an nvidia card, it WILL install partway, reboot, and blue screen like a crazy guy. When I take the nvidia driver out of there and reinstall on the same system, it'll pop me to the desktop when its done and have no video driver installed. So thats how I narrowed down the problem to the nvidia driver (actually took a lot longer to figure that out than I implied earlier). Don't suppose anyone could post what files they have in their driver folder for nvidia stuff?

I went through all the 9 pages of the device driver forum and did a search, but I couldn't find any posts related to my specific problem. The driver pack does GREAT work, except for display stuff. I know you're still working on the video driver pack, no rush, so I'm trying to get it to work following your format. Basically what I did was download the latest nvidia video drivers, unpacked it all in a temp dir, and copied everything, and I mean everything, to the appropriate driver folder and referenced it in the winnt.sif file, just like you did with all those driverpack files. This method worked great for all the onboard video drivers I added for other motherboards. The 2 primary nvidia cards I use are the 6800GT and 5700, I'm just wondering why I can't get the video drivers to work properly. Once, and only once, XP fully installed with the drivers installed. Does the order of the driverpath in oempnpdrivers= really matter? Cause I messed around with that before it stopped working again. Oh, that blue screen error I was getting before was always a Stop 7B blue screen. Maybe that helps. The board that I do most of my testing on has an Nforce3 chipset on it. I figured maybe its the GART driver, so I put that in the driver thingy, but no good. Probably missing something small and stupid :D

I have never used a driver package from here. Only a driver from nvidia.

here is what you should do.

1-download a driver from nvidia

2-extract the driver from this setup.exe by using winrar into a folder in your computer

3- if you use winxp, the only thing you keep is winxp folder in this setup thing.

4-replace this winxp with displayer driver you have in unattended setup and everything should be fine.

i didn't have any problem with it when i did unattended setup. Everything works the way it should be if you follow the instruction right

Didn't think of extracting using winrar, I'll give it a go! Thanks for your help!

EDIT:

Just downloaded the main .exe file and extracted all the goodies. There is no winxp path, or any path really. It came with some .cab files which aren't windows cabs so winzip won't open it. I found some obscure utility to pop them open, and there's nothing useful in there. Maybe the older versions of nvidia's video driver have the winxp folder in there? I used winrar, and also just clicked on it to extract files. Both methods extract the same stuff.