Format Help

Mekrel

Hi,

Im about to reformat using my Windows Unattended CD but I need to format s few drives first, but I need to format these drives offline.

I have a boot disk but it says its from windows 98, but ive used this disk on VMware station before to format the virtual disks with success.

Problem is, when coming to format my real disks, Format E: command says that no such disks exist (words to that extent). The disks are all Sata on Si114r ports would this be making the difference?

I think it would be better if i got a windows XP boot disk with Fdisk preferable on aswell, but where can I get one from?

Sorry about the double post, it said that the operation timed out when contacting MSFN, so could a kind mod delete the other one please, very sorry.

Hi,

Im about to reformat using my Windows Unattended CD but I need to format s few drives first, but I need to format these drives offline.

I have a boot disk but it says its from windows 98, but ive used this disk on VMware station before to format the virtual disks with success.

Problem is, when coming to format my real disks, Format E: command says that no such disks exist (words to that extent). The disks are all Sata on Si114r ports would this be making the difference?

I think it would be better if i got a windows XP boot disk with Fdisk preferable on aswell, but where can I get one from?

First, a Windows 98 bootdisk can remove NTFS partitions but can´t make or format them.

Then, use your old XP CD so you can format and change patitions, it´s the fast way else you have to download 4 floppies ;) (look on the forum, a lot of info on that)

If you have windows XP bootable CD u could access and format all disks through setup fdisk. You cannot access those partitions/disks with Win98 startup disk because you can't access NTFS permissions which is obviously problem here..