No outside access

bullet

I have a computer that is able to ping and browse anything inside our domain. My problem occurs only when I try to access the outside. I get nothing. I've reinstalled the NIC, tried a brand new NIC. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything in the local area connections properties. I'm thinking that something is messed up with my TCP/IP stack. Any ideas

The domain has been in existance for a while. All the other 499 computers dont have a problem just this one computer.

Just a note: If the topic is posted inside a Windows XP forum it is implied that Windows XP is the OS :D

could it possibly be a firewall issue?

or maybe the sysadmin is playing a joke on you and blocked access outside the network because he has noticed your computer ip is constantly on the internet instead of working :whistle:

it doesnt matter who you login as, its the computer, its probably blocked at the server/router from access the WAN. If your the domain admin, check out your gp settings, your dhcp settings, your routing settings, your computer group settings, and then if you still cannot get online come back and talk to us...

and for bloody sakes, do you have winxp pro(assumably) with sp2? check out the firewall settings!, also, do you have a proxy enabled?, maybe you need some tunneling settings/proxy password settings!

I can ping the IP of an outside source ie google. Nothing is blocked and it is not security software. I've tried dhcp and a static ip both return the same results. DNS does not seem to work at all in the outside world.

You either have DNS servers listed in your network configurations that you don't need, or you dont have the DNS servers you need in your network configurations... most likely the latter, your domain probably has its own dns server running, so you will need the IP of that most likely, check out the configurations of the other working pcs in your domain, and see what there settings are, that might help isolate whats wrong!