Sp1 question

CETY31

I slipstreamed sp1a today and everything seemed to work out ok.

However I noticed that windows update still had about 22 critical updates.

My question is I slipstreamed sp1a(full) is there a way to slipstream all of the updates for sp1. (Windows XP)

I don't know if you can slipstream all the updates (or if you'd want to spend the time doing it), but you can setup an unattended install of the updates.

All the updates that you have to download are available for separate download (i.e. an exe file instead of having to go through WU). You can set these up to be applied automatically during your install so that you have less to do when you're done.

Have a look in the Unattended Windows section of the forums for more information.

Hope this helps!

Some people don't want to slipstream SP2 yet because of possible hardware conflicts. My computer runs considerably slower wtih SP2 installed, while it just screams along with SP1.

I've not noticed a difference in computer speed with SP2, but then again, I put alot of tweeks into my installation.

Secondly, SP1 does have lots of fixes after the release, then Microsoft made a rollup update that could be integrated.

However, after you slipped in the rollup update, you couldn't slipstream SP2 later.

so you had to go back to the original files, and slipstream SP2 into those. No problem unless you've since lost your original disk like I had :realmad:

but if you really really don't want SP2, better turn off the automatic updates, or you'll get it anyway :rolleyes::lol: