connecting 2 routers together?

sven

Absolutely!

I'm guessing that you want to use both to connect computers together and to the internet.

To do this, connect the DI-704's WAN port to your internet source. Then connect port 1 on the 704 to the WAN port on the 604. Then connect various computers to each router.

Now... the important bit. Setup the 704 to be a DHCP server and disable the DHCP server function in the 604. You must do this to get things to work!

After that you should be good to go!

Hope that helps.

I have two Linksys routers...

I have one connected to my DSL modem with the Uplink port connected to one of my 8 LAN ports on the other router (not the WAN port) and use the other 7 ports for my other computers... This works also (don't know if there's an uplink port on your routers)...

Yeah, the uplink port method will work as wellif you have that option, but I've seen more problems with using that as opposed to the method I described (which is called "daisy-chaining").

As long as you only have one router set to act as a DHCP server, you should be fine.

If you connect the routers as I said, any computer that is connected to either router will run as a DHCP client.

Essentially all you're doing with the second router at this point is turning it into a hub of some sorts. All that the second router is doing is transferring data to the first router which does all the talking with the outside world.