problem With "BootCFG" and an "ini" file (W2kPro)

Porteur

hi all and Happy New Year 2005

please help Me

BootCFG Doesn't Work with Windows 2000 Pro SP4 :blushing:

Is There an equivalent of "BootCFG" For Windows 2000 Pro ???

I want that the ini is to modify during unattended windows

Thank you for your help

I need a way to programmatically add a switch like "/sos" to my Windows 2000 entry in the boot.ini. The entry can vary depending on what drive/partition its installed on, so I don't think just copying over a pre-set boot.ini is a good solution.

[boot loader]
timeout=1
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

Well after a bit of messing around I came up with a method to do what I wanted, this may help others out.

I wanted to add the "/sos" switch to my Windows 2000 entry so this is how I did it.

You need "CHANGEINI.EXE" which you can get from http://www.thorprojects.com/files/chgini02.zip

BOOTINI.BAT

@PUSHD "%~dp0" & ECHO OFF
@SET BOOTINI=%SystemDrive%\boot.ini

ATTRIB -A -H -R -S "%BOOTINI%"
COPY /Y "%BOOTINI%" "%BOOTINI%.old"

FOR /F "tokens=1 delims==" %%i IN ('FINDSTR /I /R "Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" "%BOOTINI%"') DO (
CHANGEINI.EXE "%BOOTINI%" "operating systems" "%%i" "\"Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional\" /fastdetect /sos"
)

Well after a bit of messing around I came up with a method to do what I wanted, this may help others out.

I wanted to add the "/sos" switch to my Windows 2000 entry so this is how I did it.

You need "CHANGEINI.EXE" which you can get from http://www.thorprojects.com/files/chgini02.zip

BOOTINI.BAT

@PUSHD "%~dp0" & ECHO OFF
@SET BOOTINI=%SystemDrive%\boot.ini

ATTRIB -A -H -R -S "%BOOTINI%"
COPY /Y "%BOOTINI%" "%BOOTINI%.old"

FOR /F "tokens=1 delims==" %%i IN ('FINDSTR /I /R "Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" "%BOOTINI%"') DO (
CHANGEINI.EXE "%BOOTINI%" "operating systems" "%%i" "\"Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional\" /fastdetect /sos"
)

Thank you pinout :D:thumbup