HOMEDRIVE/PATH (again?)

midiboy

Hi Benjamin,

Happy new year ! :hello:

I am working on my unattended DVD again since I am on vacation :rolleyes: and I came across a problem with the "Basisordner" setting. My install.ini contains this:

[Users]

Default=0
Home=%Personal%

That should make the Personal folder (which is set to D:\%ThisUser% ) the Homepath when that user logs in, right ?

Well, it does not work. After the user logs on, Windows defaults the HOMEDRIVE to "C:" and HOMEPATH to "\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Alexander"

Unless I misunderstand your "Basisordner" setting. I know we had this or a related topic already a few months ago, but I don´t remember.

Are you still gonna work on the "format feature" some day ?

:rolleyes:

Thanks,

Alex

Hi,

%Personal% is the "Eigene Dateien" Folder where each user specific fils should be stored in.

There is no %Home% variable. Only Home.x is available afaik.

I think your are looking for "DefaultHome" in [Environment] section. (Yes I know ... was a bad idea to move it to envionment ... will be changedin future versions)

Yes drive format feature will be added in semster break in febrauary.

Benjamin Kalytta

Edited by BenjaminKalytta

Hi Benjamin,

I don´t want to explain your own program to you but, as you can see in the screenshot, my code leads to the entry %PERSONAL% in "Basisordner".

Thats why I always thought it would work. If I adapt to what you just said and remove the lines "Home=%PERSONAL% in [users] section, and add a section [environment] with the lines "DefaultHome=%PERSONAL%" this will not happen.

So is this a bug or am I doing something wrong ? Please give me the correct syntax. I am using 2.1.12.7

Thanks,

Alex

You are right, keyword was "Home" in [users] sections ... may be I changed this some day :blushing:

But nevertheless although I changed some things now, this don't work (anymore?). Does it ever work?

Homepath (Basisordner as called in german) will be set, but won't be used by Windows, don't know why. May be before SP2 this worked?

Benjamin Kalytta

Yeah, it did work one day, I am sure about that.

I know because I specifically checked HOMEDRIVE and HOMEPATH variables after you introduced that feature in Wihu.

However, I don´t remember when it stopped working, it may be related to SP2 but I am not sure. Any chance you might find a way to make Windows adapt to the changed HOMEPATH ? I changed Office installation by means of an MST to always place the default pst inside the HOMEPATH so I could certainly make good use of that feature

:(

Thanks !

Alex