Firefox moox Build Installer.

iwod

I find out that the Firefox moox Build is so much faster on my laptop. So i wanted to use it as default. However it seems no one in the moox forum wanted to creat a installer therefore i will try to make one my self. ( My first time )

Therfore is a Few questions i wanted to be answered before i can carry out..

1. Which installer is the easiest or best to use? ( The question exludes the cost factor )

2. Are there any free and good one ? ^^

3. How can i include the default firefox icon in it? I heard there is some legal implicatoin in doing so........... would i get sued?

NSIS is probably your best bet. And no, you cannot use the official Firefox artwork unless you're not publicly distributing your files. And finally, moox has said that he is planning on making an installer, but that's not the foremost item on his plate at the moment. Give him some time.

i would suggest INNO Setup 5 + ISTOOL as a gui for inno setup, thats what i use for ALL my customized setups, its great :D

EDIT: ive made an installer, pm me if u want me to give it to u?

my firefox installer is 6.16MB & doesnt use default firefox icon

3. How can i include the default firefox icon in it? I heard there is some legal implicatoin in doing so........... would i get sued?

No. It is an open source program. I also use it for my Firefox msi's. As long as you don't claim to be the author of the program, you will not have any problem. Just be sure to include the original EULA.

I have the setup backgrounds of firefox. PM me if you want to have a copy.

actully one of the reason i want to make one is that i could also include the most common plug in that Most firefox users wold need / want.

Thanks for all your help. But i may have to delay this project for a little......till next year :D

Happy new year.