media protection?

Ven

i used media player 9 to copy my music from a audio cd.. unfortunatley.. i forgot to disable the "protect media" function.. later that day.. i backed up the music on another computer and formatted my computer.. now i want to play the music on my computer but it says "a license cannot be found for this media file. use license manager to transfer the license for the file from the original computer or a acquire a new license"

I have tried to acquire a new license, but it could not find a license.

How can i transfer the license form the orginal computer when it is my own computer that i formatted.

Is there anyway to go about this problem

Thanks a Million

Ven your talking about cracking here, whether its a legit reason or not, its cracking, if you reformatted the hdd, then the license is lost and ur cds are worthless.... the only way to play your files is to crack or remove the license entirely, not that i support this, but i dont really think removing the license entirely is possible, and I hear WMP9 protection is one tough sob to crack, 10, forget about it for now lol, so good luck with this, but dont bother asking anyone else on this forum, try a warez forum if you can find one....

It can be done, but the easiest thing to do is simply re rip all of your media. Yeah, I know its a pain in the butt, but its easier than trying to crack the protection on the files you already have.

Just my 2 cents.

Just another suggestion... don't use Windows Media Player to rip your music.

CDex is a much better ripping programs and will allow you to rip in just about every media format out there.

Cheers!

personally i use dbpoweramp www.dbpoweramp.com, for ripping music, lots of cool settings and no protection. But as we have all stated, your "backed up" music is worthless rite now, unless you can find a way to crack the protection. Your best option is re-ripping your collection.