Windows XP crashes after logging on to Internet

sayrahul

Hi, Earlier I was having the issue when the windows XP used to crash as soon as I login to windows. Then I removed the delprot.sys file from the drivers dir. Now I am getting the issue that when I go onto the internet explorer, the windows crashes with error 0XC5, 0XA. I uninstalled the windows xp hotfixes SP2, but the issue does not go. Any pointers would be helpful

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

!. Was everything ok before you installed sp2?

I did not install the SP2. It was justthat in Add remove program, I saw some hotfixes with the SP2 --> Which I removed after I started getting the problem.

@. Have you made any hardware changes lately?

Naah. I did not. The problem started happening on thruesay while I was in the office.

#. Any new software installed or uninstalled?

I did install an application something like VLC player that plays .bin video files on 18th Dec. But I saw the error on 23rd Dec. I have uninstalled the software today but the issue is stll there.

$. Do you have updated virus protection?

Yeah, I am using the Symantec antivirus version 22nd Dec

Right now I am running sfc /scannow. Since it is very slow, I am waiting for the results

Just slip-stream SP2 into your XP CD, and re-format C: and install windows(w/SP2).

Note that I say SLIP-STREAM SP2 into the CD, not to install SP2 after install XP.

And to avaoid further problems, stay away from IE as much as possible, use mozilla or Opera.