Removing Outlook Express

Hi, I was interested to is there any other way other using nlite to remove Outlook.

Is there a way to uninstall the OE on 1st reboot using RunOnceEx with some INF file or something like that.

Would be glad if someone can find me something...

Go to Rob van der Woude's Scripting Pages

Select Batch files -> Examples --> select D and download DelOutlX.bat

You MUST disable Windows File Protection (How do i disable WFP in Windows XP SP2) first before running this batch otherwise files are restored by WFP from the DLLCACHE dir.

This batch file is written for Windows 2000.

VER | FIND "Windows 2000" >NUL

You should change it to your OS version like

VER | FIND "Windows XP" >NUL

Always give more infos about the OS you're running will give you more answers :whistle:

I once removed Outlook express with Nlite. After the installation I installed Office 2003 with Outlook. But my PC refused to send or receive mail. Whatever I tried it didn't work. I re-installed my PC, left Outlook express on it and installed Outlook 2003. Then I could send and receive mail without a problem. Did the whole thing again, used nlite to remove outlook express and again I couldn't use my mail.

So I leave Outlook Express installed as it is.

Guide for uninstalling it here = http://www.activewin.com/tips/tips/microso...dvanced/8.shtml

So I s'pose if you never wanted to re-install in you could forget all the "backup" instructions and then adapt all the instructions to run as a cmd file or thru your RunOnceEx. This would then remove it on first run. But as far as removing it from the source CD is concerned, I would have thought MS would have made this virtually impossible.

DLF

you arent removing the from the cd (which is what he wants to do) u are ONLY preventing them from having access to them :)

The question itdevil asked is to uninstall, not remove from the CD. :whistle: