ADOBE READER 6.0.2 Update :ERROR MESSAGE

noelleon

I was trying to update to Adobe 6.0.2 but unfortunately in the beginning of installing update i got the following error message which prompted me to stop the installation process, and honestly, I don't really know what to do further. Thanks alot for whatever assistance.

InstallShield:

Command line parameters:

/L language ID

/S Hide intialization dialog. For silent mode use: /S/v/qn

/V parameters to MsiExec.exe

/UA<url to InstMsiA.exe>

/UW<url to InstMsiW.exe>

/UM<url to msi package>

I'm sorry but what are "switches"? and I also don't anything about "silent install" because my knowledge of computer is very much limited. I just simply go to www.adobe.com to download the adobe reader 7.0 . First I would be asked to choose language, platform, and connection speed, then I would be directed to the next page to start the download by pressing the 'Get Adobe Reader' button shown below. After saving the file in the c:/program files, the download starts, and after processing ADOBE READER up to 100%, the error message appears:

InstallShield:

Command line parameters:

/L language ID

/UA<url to InstMsiA.exe>

/UW<url to InstMsiW.exe>

/UM<url to msi package>

Thanks a lot , but how should I find this member name? And why don't you simply give me his homepage if you know it? Please help me and I really appreciate it very much.

Can you post a screenshot of your error message? (if you don't know how to make one, when it appears press together the keys Alt & Prt Scr, then paste into MSPAINT) or write the exact error you get.

I have found his (ryanvm) homepage and downloaded the acroread7.exe, but while extracting the file there appears a new ERROR MESSAGE and I couldn't do anything else. Oh! my God.

STARTX

Failed in call to CreateProcess, Erorr:2

I wanted to attach the screenshot of error message while updating adobe reader 6.0.2..........and this is the same error message i always get if I download and try to install adobe reader 7.0 from the website www.adobe.com, but unfortunately I cannot upload here this type of file. But anyway, here is again the exact error message:

InstallShield:

Command line parameters:

/L language ID

/UA<url to InstMsiA.exe>

/UW<url to InstMsiW.exe>

/UM<url to msi package>

I have found his (ryanvm) homepage and downloaded the acroread7.exe, but while extracting the file there appears a new ERROR MESSAGE and I couldn't do anything else. Oh! my God.

STARTX

I did. I uninstalled both adobe reader 6.0.1 and windows journal viewer completely, but still i got this error message while extracting the file acroread7.exe

STARTX

Can anyone help me please?

• 1 year later...

I get the same error with Ryans .NET Framework + SP1 pack

Failed in call to CreateProcess, Error:193

I never got this when installing from RunOnce but now I've switched to RunOnceEx I get this error.

Might be related.

BTW Use FoxIt PDF Reader (much easier to install, much quicker to run. Adobe - Bloat = FoxIt!). The only thing I will say against it is that it takes a long time to print with my HP Laser Jet (This never happened with Adobe) FoxIt Software.

EDIT: He! I just noticed this was from last year. Thought it was the Christmas just gone. Oops!

Edited by Dobby