problem with registry tweaks

bmn

hi all

iam uploading my regtweaks file.pls have a look(let me know if there is any thing wrong in it) the main proble iam facing is some tweaks r working and some not.where as iam using all regtweaks in a single file.i tested it on different locations like cmdlines.txt,wpi,runonceEX etc..

i dono why iam getting dark box type background for desktop icons after unattended installation.i used a regtweak to solve it.but its not working when i apply it through above mentioned methods.(its only working when i apply it manually).

so guys pls check my regtweak file.and which path is best for regtweaks(imean cmdlines,wpi....)

thanks

If the registry file works when you apply it manually it is not the problem ... it has to be the way you have it set up on the XP CD.

You should have a file called cmdlines.txt in the $OEM$ directory which should contain at least the following:

[COMMANDS]

"REGEDIT /S regtweaks.reg"

Your registry file should then be called regtweaks.reg and should also be in the $OEM$ directory.

@Flintstone

ya i already did that.but no use

@asta

ok i will try.but iam afraid of applying more regtweaks.as it may cause problems with os.but still all of u using these settings so i hope u alreay tested it.

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

NoSetActiveDesktop = 1

Add this by any number of methods. (If you need details, PM me).

Create a new DWORD value named "NoSetActiveDesktop", and set the new value to equal "1" to enable the restriction or "0" to disable the restriction.

P.S. This restriction can be used either on a user by user basis by adding it to HKEY_CURRENT_USER or on a computer wide basis by adding it to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

@Astalavista

Recommending someone to use more regtweaks than they require can be a bad idea. Each person has varying objectives. My regtweaks collectively comes to bear down 350 KB on CD. But I can't go around forcing people to abandon their own and use my REG, can I!

@bmn

Just cut out all the tweaks that do work fine, and test with only the problematic ones. Try applying from cmdlines, try GUIrunonce, and so on...