Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

CuteBear

If you have a 64-bit ready PC, you now have the option to receive trial software for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition via CD or download. Read below about the different options for obtaining the pre-release software, and then use the links on the right to register to order the CD Kit or download product files. Please note that in either case, the pre-release software is time-limited and will expire in 360 days.

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is designed to address the most demanding needs of technical workstation users who require large amounts of memory and floating point performance in areas such as mechanical design and analysis, digital content creation and scientific and high-performance computing applications.

Details

You need to fill-out a registration form and such..... just too much of unnecessary action. ;)

Cut through it, and get the build no. 1218:

Download:

Click the following link:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/a..._x64fre_pro.iso

The file will be in ISO format and must be burned to a CD before you can install the software on your computer.

The download files are large (approximately 450 megabytes) so the download may take a considerable time to complete.  Microsoft recommends only those with broadband, ADSL or other high-speed Internet connections attempt this download.

Same old key. 180 day trial limit.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys;

I just registered, but I've been lurking around this board for a while. I've downloaded the trial version of WinXP-x64 and I can't seem to get a boot CD created correctly. I'm trying to use Nero 6, and I'm following all the instructions on how to properly create a boot CD. Maybe I'm missing some detail somewhere. Has anyone tried this yet? What steps did you take to get your CD to work?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your order. Please note that Microsoft does not provide technical

or other support for this product. You can visit http://support.microsoft.com

for self service support options.

Order ID: QFL0P6JVB3D89N6LPR7WWRR8F6

Items:

Product:  Windows XP Professional x64 Edition - Download

Quantity: 1

Download:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/a..._x64fre_pro.iso

490MB

Order Total: US$0.00

Seems as though they have changed things as thats all the info they gave me in the email.

Thats really anoying, and i dont feel like waiting for ever for the CD either.

You think they would have things working right for a trial version when it recomends people to download it then they dont give out keys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...