WPI Display Subtasks

Hey everyone ok so im now using WPI 2.99 and its workin much better than what i was using..... anyhoo what im trying to do is.... show the subtasks when the windows showup.... ie if i were doing this with runonceex the code woudl be somethign liek....

REG ADD %KEY% /V TITLE /D "Installing Productivity Software - Step 1 of 6" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\005 /VE /D "MS Office 2003 Pro" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\005 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qb-" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "MS Frontpage 2003" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Office2003\frontpage\setup.exe TRANSFORMS=fpgUnattended.MST /qb-" /f

etc

in WPI i have 1 line that executes 3 cmd lines ie:

prog[pn]=['Compaq S4300NX Drivers']
desc[pn]=['Drivers for Desktop Computer.<br /><br />Will Install:<br />-Realtec NIC Driver<br />-Ac97 Audio Driver<br />-Multimedia Keyboard Support<br /> <br />']
cmd1[pn]=['"%systemdrive%\\Install\\Applications\\Drivers\\Keyboard\\setup\\Setup.exe -s"']
cmd2[pn]=['"%systemdrive%\\Install\\Applications\\Drivers\\NIC\\setup.exe -s"']
cmd3[pn]=['"%systemdrive%\\Install\\Applications\\Drivers\\Sound\\setup.exe -s"']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['Computer Specific Setups']
ordr[pn]=[1]
uid[pn]=['compaq']
pn++

so doing it this way only shows "Compaq s4300NX Drivers" as the item its installing...... is there anyway to add a line so that it displays

Compaq S4300NX Drivers

- Keyboard Drivers

- NIC Drivers

- Sound Card Drivers

and the arrow moves through each one???

and what about creatign the different windows to display only certian programs?????

any ideas?

pls stop flooding the forum with your wpi questions.

READ THE FORUM RULES

first question regarding Microsoft Office Examples can be found here --->>>

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=28125&st=420

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=34248

Drivers

solution can be found here.

a simple search would hv lead u to the proper post

http://unattended.msfn.org/xp/drivers.htm

@buzzman2005

This is your warning. You have posted THREE topics with problems you have been having with WPI. There is a WPI thread that you should post in. If NOTHING ELSE, you could have stayed in your FIRST topic, and just said you had another problem.

If you post another WPI question in a new topic, or not in the FOUR above mentioned one, I will have to take more drastic measures.

It is better to post in the WPI thread as people are subscribed to that and ONLY that and never look at the rest of the forum. If you want help, STAY WITH THE ORIGINAL THREAD!

@all

This actually goes for all, but buzzman2005 is the current example. So NO I'm not picking on him, but with THREE WPI topics in less then 4 hours of eachother...

I'll see about it...I got two others their own forum....

The difference being, WPI isn't ONE person developing, there's like 4 different versions, and they'd ALL be in there. But I guess that's just another forum to watch...

But I agree, especially with this latest outbreak...WPI should get it's own forum.

WPI isn't ONE person developing, there's like 4 different versions, and they'd ALL be in there

truth is that hasi's version is the only one REALLY still being developed.

the orignal, and then the brain's, and coolsight's versions could be stickied for old-time's sake, and allow for the continual development of hasi's.

Ill go with that, i did start off with the originals and then when hasi bought out his version, it was just great. With this latest outburst the thread has become over 55 pages long!!!

Its hard to see what is what, so maybe wait until after christmas by then i will go through the thread and pull out any good bits of info for some sort of guide. that could be at the top of the thread then..

It is better to post in the WPI thread as people are subscribed to that and ONLY that and never look at the rest of the forum. If you want help, STAY WITH THE ORIGINAL THREAD!

Just stumbled over this thread. Alanoll's right: As long as there isn't a seperate WPI forum, you should read the docs and help section on the WPI homepage and if all that will not help - post in the WPI thread. I know it says 2.7 from Brain and Gresh - it's built on their work - and their base idea stayed the same.

Users who can give useful answers have read the thread before - in my case I always directly jump to the first unread post. So I'll not miss a question I can answer or a problem I could work on.

[EDIT]Since we do have a seperate forum now ... forget the above[/EDIT]

Edited by hasi001