KB887797: Cumulative Update for Outlook Express

ArjanDotOrg

here is the direct link Here

Actually, the same update works for XP SP1, XP SP2, W2K SP3 & W2K SP4

I'm not really sure what's going on. There's two different download pages that say the update is for XP SP2.

There's this one and there's this one. Both list XP SP2 as a supported operating system. Now, things would make sense if #2 were larger than #1 (as it contains updates for 4 different operating systems instead of just one), but NOOOOO. #1 (the XP SP2 only one) is LARGER.

EDIT: I get it now. I just downloaded #2 and tried running it, only to get this message:

---------------------------
KB887797 Setup Error
The version of Outlook Express you have installed does not match the update you are trying to install.
OK  

I think #2 saying it supports XP SP2 is a typo.

• 5 weeks later...

I forgot about a previous item being confusing as far as which one to download (two of them fit the bill for what to DL).

Well RyanVM I do concurr with your suggestion, except I prefer a different URL....

I just get my updates from http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp.

I just pick "Windows XP SP2" for an OS. click on "Advanced search options", then type in the KB number into the search box. I've NEVER had a problem with the one it says I need.

It also has links to the "updated drivers". Pretty cool eh? B)

• 3 weeks later...