The perfect machine

redder

Hell, I wouldn't mind having an iBook around just to screw around with... All I would need is my screwdriver! ;)

Yeah, i think about the same thing a lot, I've never seen a macintosh help support site but i doubt that there is the need for that, Mac users have far less problems with their computers than we do, probably because they have a solid, virusless, unbreakable and safe OS :} oh darn it i wanna mac :angry:

@ Famer Well the prices on HDD's have been quite low recently and it set me to wondering. Why? I mean the prices on 120 GB HDD's have been down around $40 on sale. What's up with that? Makes me wonder if there is something around the corner and the HDD manufacturers and dealers are trying to get rid of their stock. There are always advances in technology and everytime I buy something, it is old within 2 years. Eight years ago, I had a computer with an 800 MB HDD. I now have 120 GB (two actually, because they were so cheap). That is doubling in capacity every year and using the same type of structure only more disks. In let's say five years you are using your computer with 1tb of HDD. Is it possible that there may be a new form of storage that would leave your HDD outdated? If not that then what about the stability of the medium. We are always doing backups for safety. Most of the CDs we use to back up have a shelf life of 20 years (I think) at the very best. Some are much less than that. I have had two HDD's go bad on me. I can't imagine having 1tb go click-click-click..... And what is the shelf life for a HDD that has info on it and not used? Ahhh, just prattling on.