very large image and it is not booting

bmn

hi all

iam working on multiboot iso of xp(home),win2000.both r unattended.i followed flyakite guide to creat it.but when i built my iso by cdimageGUI its size is more than 900mb(which is not fit for 700mb cd).iam uploading my screen shots and my cdshell.ini.have a look.and iam using ---h -n -o -m--- switches in cdimageGUI.

and can any one edit my cdshell.ini for this config(imean xp,2000).actually i dono much abt those key and prints in cdshell.ini.

pls help me

is it safe to delate folders(DISCOVER,SUPPORT,VALUEADD) from 2000 cd?as they r occuping space.and how to use nlite with multiboot.

when i browse multiboot folder with nlite its asking for i386 folder.how can i pack the entire AIO folder with nlite

Use nLite only for cutting down size of source (or slip-streaming). For making the optimized ISO, you can use cdimageGUI. Or probably optimizing is of no use, since there's no common files between XP and 2k - if so then use ultraiso or Nero ImageRecorder.

My own opinion:

Never do 2 things at once when you are unfamiliar with it. *EITHER* do a multi-boot, *OR* use nLite to cut-out things. If you do both at once, the only result will be that you're back with more problems and questions to ask on the forum. :P

Do one thing at a time, and do trouble-shooting (by eliminating possible causes of problems if any).

Now, for the topic of reducing size of your files to fit on a single CD.

1. For WinXP, go to the guide page to see what you can delete - link

2. For win2k, you can (in addition to folders mentioned for XP) delete the DISCOVER, BOOTDISK folders too.

Doing the deleting of folders mentioned above, you *WILL* see some differences in how useful your CD is. For example, if you delete DISCOVER folder, you can't anymore take the "Discover Windows 2000" tour. But who cares for that tour, anyway. ;) And then, the SETUPTXT folder has readme files, etc. And the BOOTDISK folder too (which, incidentally is useless if you slip-streamed SP4 into win2k). In all such cases, the folders that you deleted are just additional tools which you might need to (manually) use with windows. If you just boot from a multi-boot CD and install windows, you will not at all miss those folders. (anyway, If you do need those additional tools, you can always pickup your original CD and copy it from there)

Now, after deleting all unnecessary files, this is the statistics for my CD:

Win2k Pro (SP4 integrated) - 201 MB

WinXP Pro (SP2 integrated) - 390 MB

So as you can see, you can comfortably have both OSes on one CD without screwing it up using nLite (yes, nLite is good, but first ensure that you can deal with multi-boot problems by yourself, before proceeding to nLite).