AMD Sempron 2600 vs. AMD Athlon XP 2600

Denney

Heya guys. I need some advice on a new processor...

I've found an AMD Sempron 2600 (Socket A) and an AMD Athlon XP 2600 (Socket A). I'm looking for some comparisons of the 2 of them.

I'm wondering which one performs better in games AND overall. I've got the motherboard (Abit NF7-S nForce 2) with 512MB DDR RAM.

Any suggestions? Note: I'm after one OR the other... only these 2 processors... nothing else.

Thanks for those links wtm0325. Seems like the Sempron is an underperformer when it comes to the same XP processor.

I've seen benchs for the Sempron 3000 where is performs better than an XP. Guess that's a different case for the slower models.

For an extra $13AU the XP is seeming a better choice.

Again, thanks.

i found a place about this, its possibly to overclock it to the performance of an 3100+ without overheating problems, but of course, cooling like fans or even water cooling is good, i put 2 fans at the front and one at the back, runs really nicely

i found a place about this, its possibly to overclock it to the performance of an 3100+ without overheating problems, but of course, cooling like fans or even water cooling is good, i put 2 fans at the front  and one at the back, runs really nicely

i have 9 fans and mine sounds like a F1 machine :D