User Documents

gamehead200

When I opened "My Computer" this afternoon, I saw the everyone's documents folders (i.e: Michael's Documents, George's Documents, etc. and Shared Documents) under the "Files Stored on This Computer". How can I get rid of them from "My Computer"?

gamehead i've made a small reg file which removes the documents entries from My Computer.

Unzip the attachment,and double click the docsremoval.reg file to add it to the registry.

You need to reboot for the changes to take effect.

When you have rebooted the docs will no longer show in My Computer. :)

UPDATE:there are 2 reg files in that Zip file,i forgot to delete shareddocsremoval.reg

docsremoval.zip

To reverse the procedure and get the document entries back in My Computer again.

Open regedit and navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer

Right click the NoSharedDocuments value and select delete.

Reboot for the changes to take effect.

Yes it will remove all the document folders including the Shared Documents folder because they are all within the same directory.You can't remove the folders individually.

What i would suggest is that you put a shortcut to your "Shared Documents" on the desktop,that way you don't have to keep opening My Computer to access them.

Then run the reg file.

Here's an alternative method of removal.

(Backup registry first)

Run regedit and navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ My Computer \ NameSpace \ DelegateFolders\

Look for the key {59031a47-3f72-44a7-89c5-5595fe6b30ee},right click and delete it.

This method does not require a reboot.

Thanx Rev!  But still no luck...How can I just make my Shared Documents folder show up ONLY now?

As far as i am aware you can't show the "Shared Documents" folder on it's own.

It either has to be listed with the user documents or not at all,because they all belong in the same directory.