AVG Anti-Virus 7.0 Problem, Plz help!

Hi

I am using AVG Anti-Virus 7.0 and having a problem with it.

Whenever i restart/ start my computer, it takes too much time to run and works too slow. After that it works on full speed.

It was not like that before but since i installed AVG Anti-Virus 7.0 it works too slow at starting.

The problem is that it scans the computer after almost each start up and updates the files after almost each start up.

Is there a way to stop AVG Anti-Virus 7.0 from auto-updating and auto-scanning at startup??

Hi

Can you be a bit more specific? i.e.

- What version of version 7 - is it the Free / std / Pro version 7?

- Are you refering to startup as in when the computer boots - windows loading - or are you refering to when u get into Windows, it does a scan then?

- with that in mind, what operating system are you using - 95/98/ME/NT/2k/XP or 2003 - it'll certainly make a difference to your question.

- also, can you mention how powerful your computer is? what is its specification? AVG may not take much resources but if you havent got much in the first place then you have to expect a fair amount of speed loss.

I'm having a guess you are using windows 98 or ME and that it scans the computer on boot - if its set at the default settings i.e. you dont change them, then you shouldnt have a problem really

Best Regards,

Nath

Hi

Can you be a bit more specific? i.e.

- What version of version 7 - is it the Free / std / Pro version 7?

- Are you refering to startup as in when the computer boots - windows loading - or are you refering to when u get into Windows, it does a scan then?

- with that in mind, what operating system are you using - 95/98/ME/NT/2k/XP or 2003 - it'll certainly make a difference to your question.

- also, can you mention how powerful your computer is? what is its specification? AVG may not take much resources but if you havent got much in the first place then you have to expect a fair amount of speed loss.

I'm having a guess you are using windows 98 or ME and that it scans the computer on boot - if its set at the default settings i.e. you dont change them, then you shouldnt have a problem really

Best Regards,

Nath

I am using Windows XP SP2 Professional and it is AVG Anti-Virus 7.0 Pro.

As i get into Windows, it does a scan almost everyday and it also does auto-update which updates some file but i dont want update any files and neither i want any scans at start up.

hmm on AVG Free if you hit "Test Center" from the main screen and on the left hand side of the new window there is "scheduler"

I had 2 in that list.. 1 that was scanning *which i turned off cause it would do a full scan when i was playing games..* and the second one is the updater.. i keep that on cause its only about 3 seconds and doesn't lag my computer.