Wifi manager & sp2

mumuuu

Hi everybody,

So i've a Windows XP SP1 and i've a centrino laptop with WIFI but for some reason like a lot of person i don't want to install SP2.

So here is my question : Can i install or find the Setup of the Wifi tool manager of Win XP SP2 without installing SP2 if YES could u tell me how and where i can download This setup because the Wifi manager on SP1 sucks.

THX by advance :thumbup:hello:

Plus, most WIFI manufacturer's will ask you to use their software that comes with the WIFI card to configure the settings.

You can also disable the Wireless Zero Configuration service in Control Panel to eliminate contention between the OS and the mfr. software.

& i'm not scared of using SP2 but lot of software are not compatible with it

and my laptop has a manaager but it sucks LOL so i i an find the setup for the same wifi manager than Win SP2 wifi manager it will be great for me

:thumbup:hello:

As for manufacturer's shipping software for their wireless cards, Compaq ships their Intel ProSet software with the computer (I've got a Presario X1050CA), but I find that it's just a piece of crap that takes up a lot of system resources.

Personally, the wireless manager in SP1a seems just fine. If you need the ability to connect to WPA secured networks, MS has a separate update for that.

What does beautiful have to do with the functionality of the new wireless manager? It doesn't connect you to wifi networks any better, and the only other gain that you get is a fancy icon in your system tray. I actually didn't find the interface to set up each new network any better than the SP1 version. It may look nicer when you're looking for your wireless networks, but that's about it.

I'd say leave your system working as is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

i'm not scared of using SP2 but lot of software are not compatible with it

What software?

The only problems I could imagine you running into would only be the firewall or added security features to IE... both of which can be disabled.

Zxian = i agreee with u i've MAXDATA pro8100X a great computer but they give me the intel pro set for my wireless manager & it's really a peace of crap & i prefer the wifi manager of SP2 because my girlfriend can understand it easly & it's more beautiful & usefull ( try it & u will see)

Durex = i've pb with my A-V with the d@mn SP2 and firewall didn't want to work correctly even if i disable al W$ firewall stuf. & SP 2 gave me problem on 3 of my computer LOL so for the momment i kicked SP2 out of my bedroom he's sleeping outside in those long cold french night LOL :thumbup:hello:

Zxian = i agreee with u i've  MAXDATA pro8100X a great computer but they give me the intel pro set for my wireless manager & it's really a peace of crap & i prefer the wifi manager of SP2 because my girlfriend can understand it easly & it's more beautiful & usefull ( try it & u will see)

I have tried SP2 in general, and the wifi manager was one of the reasons why I acutally reverted back to SP1a. If I was sitting on the bus with my wireless card turned off, Windows would constantly bug me every 5 minutes telling me that there was no network available... so annoying.

Yes, like I said, the new manager looks prettier, but that's about it. It's not necessarily more useful. It doesn't connect to networks any better than the previous version, and it doesn't contain any new features except for the WPA access (which you can install for SP1a anyways).

If you've got what you want, then great. I just can't stand the annoying part of it's constant pop-ups.

OK thx for everything & for all your experience & problems u had with the wifi manager.

I'll stay with the SP1 manager even if i don't like it LOL :D

and for your pb connection i have a friend which had the same pb & he didn't find the solution so i'll tell him to turn back to SP1

SEE U :hello: