removable drives ?

ok heres another question about a hp pavillion 700 desktop pc

heres the situation is it possible for a removable drive to show up in my computer if there isnt one installed ?

there are 2 removable drives showing on the pc with no size volume at all except one says C: one says d: the os was installed on the G: now this is getting to be a strange pc but i want to help my brother work out all of these strange bugs, well he has trouble installing some progs because they always want to extract to the c drive and when they cant find it, it shows an error..

ok is there a way to fix this by some how getting rid of what says remoavable dives and put the right drive letter back onthe drive it should be on ?

well peeps i did some what find some answers to what i was trying to fix i still havnt got a chance to fix it yet because i can only get my hands on his pc once a week because its an hour away well anways to any one who wants the information.

when looking at the drives, for some reason, flash card/memory card readers count as a drive or 2 all by there selves, so theres really no way of getting rid of them unless uninstalled

but the answer to the second part of the question on how to change a drive letter is this

Right click on 'My Computer' (on the desktop) and select 'Manage' from the drop down. Now on the left side of the new window click on 'Disc Management'. A display of all your drives will appear on the right side of the window. Right click the drive you want to work with and you'll be given a options to change 'Drive Letters', 'Format' (which will also ask you to assign a 'Drive Letter' (path) as well as partitioning changes.

well i hope my findings help some one else out besides my self :)